Manchac Swamp Tour
Take a ride down the Manchac Swamp on a covered boat with a Cajun captain as your guide. Take in views of moss-covered trees and wildlife, including alligators, snakes, nutria, and more.
What You Will Do
- Travel through Manchac Swamp with a Cajun captain as you discover local culture, history, and wildlife along the way
- See the remnants of the town of Frenier, a source of many myths and stories, before it was wiped away by a hurricane in 1915
- Spot American Alligators in a secluded area away from busy fishing and hunting spots
- Take in the scenery of moss-covered cypress trees and plentiful wildlife down the bayou, including alligators, egrets, wild boar and more
- Enjoy snacks from the gift shop and rest comfortably on a covered boat tour that keeps you out of the elements
- Guided swamp tour along Manchac Swamp
- Roundtrip transportation from New Orleans hotels
Guests should wear comfortable clothing and shoes, and must be 21+ with a valid ID.