- Explore the above-ground tombs and crypts of the city’s most famous cemetery, which is the final resting place of some of the city’s high-profile historic figures
- Visit the tomb of Marie Laveau, the notorious Voodoo Queen of New Orleans as you uncover her interesting legacy in the city
- Learn how an above ground burial system works, then discover different styles of tombs and their purposes
- See the future final resting place of actor, Nicholas Cage and learn more about why he chose this location
- Guided walking tour
- Admittance to Saint Louis Cemetery #1
Please wear comfortable walking shoes. There is very little shade in the cemetery; wear wide-brimmed hats if you need shade. Please use the restroom before the tour. There is not a facility for this purpose where the tour meets. There is a public restroom available at the end of tour. Alcholic beverages are not allowed. Please no audio or video recording of the tour. Still photography is permitted. The St. Louis Cemeteries are owned and operated by the Catholic Archdiocese of New Orleans. This is an active graveyard, therefore they have restricted smoking and alcoholic beverages on their sacred grounds. The marking on of tombs is considered vandalism and is prohibited. Dogs are also not allowed, licensed service animals being the exception.
This tour runs rain or shine. No refund for cancellations, but you can reschedule for a later date or comparable tour.
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
Historic French Quarter Tour in New Orleans
Dive into the history of the Vieux Carre, New Orleans' French Quarter. Learn about several famous moments in the neighborhood's history, as well as the unique architecture and culture of New Orleans and the city's origins.
Duration:  1hr 30mins - 2hrs