Experience two famous Louisiana Plantations and learn all about the Antebellum South with a small group. Tour historic Laura & Oak Alley Plantations. Go back to this fascinating time in United States history.
- Enjoy a fun and historical narration as you ride out of New Orleans, led by a professional driver-guide in a comfy 13-passenger van
- Cruise along Lake Pontchartrain, taking in the sights while learning about the history of the Antebellum South.
- Guided tours of two local plantation mansions with 2 very different types of architecture
- Explore the area’s sugarcane fields and plantation gardens, and hear tales on the history and culture of this pre-civil war era
- Half-day 6 hour guided tour
- Pick up and return from any centrally located hotel and B.&B.
- Entrance fees to visit 2 Plantation estates
What Guests Love
Being with a small group (maximum 13 people) gives you a much better tour experience. Our tour Guides can answer all of your questions and give a top-notch service than you would not get on a big tour bus. This tour offers both sides of the antebellum Plantations architectural types: the classic Greek Revival white columned mansion, and the Creole colorful style. Appreciate the contrast and culture clash between the 2 worlds living side by side in 19th century Louisiana: Creoles and Americans.
No food or drinks included, you could bring your own or purchase some from the gift shops at both Plantations
- No food or drinks included, please eat prior to the tour or bring food and drinks with you.
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
Cajun Country Airboat Tour
Enjoy a fast, fun ride through the swamp. A professional Tour Guide narrates as you ride through a remote Louisiana swamp in Cajun Country for a thrilling high-speed ride onboard a small airboat, comfortably gliding over marshes and deep into secluded bayous. Alternate between speedy bursts and gentle cruising with numerous stops to get fantastic photo opportunities of native Louisiana wildlife and more.
New Orleans Plantation & Airboat Half-Day Tour
Get the best of both worlds while exploring New Orleans antebellum history and discovering Louisiana wild fauna & flora. Embark on a 5.5-hour van tour to visit an authentic Louisiana plantation and experience a fast and fun small airboat ride through Cajun bayous and swamps.
Duration:  5hrs 30mins
Whitney Plantation & St. Joseph Plantation Tour
Travel back in time to the Antebellum South on this fully narrated van tour, visiting two Louisiana Plantations. Explore Whitney Plantation and it’s Museum of Slavery before taking a ride through sugar cane fields to St. Joseph Plantation—a working sugar cane plantation since 1877.