Everything from Armstrong to Zydeco! Come listen and walk (or dance!) through one of the most musical neighbourhoods in New Orleans. Hear and learn about the great musical legends from then and now.
- Undisputedly the birthplace of Jazz, New Orleans is one of the great musical gems of the world
- Listen as you walk from location to location and your tour guide plays you some of the best and most historically important music of our great city
- Once you get to a location learn about what you just heard as your tour guide places it and its performers into the greater musical and historical context of New Orleans and the U.S.
- Enjoy your walk through one of, if not the oldest, African-American neighborhoods in the United States, Treme
- 1hr 45min walking tour
- Live music and history
- There is a 10 minute “comfort break” at the halfway point
- Roughly 1 mile of walking
We tour rain or shine. Should you anticipate inclement weather please bring along a poncho or umbrella. Cancellations with less than a 24 hour notice are not eligible for a refund.
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
Ghost & Vampire Combo
New Orleans #1, Award Winning, Haunted Tour. Disease, disaster, sinister spirits and murder most foul: French Quarter Phantoms New Orleans Ghost & Vampire tour is spooky fun! Join us for historically accurate tales of local hauntings and vampire lore.
Duration:  1hr 45mins - 2hrs
Tour of Tremé Neighborhood in New Orleans
Come explore the iconic Tremé neighborhood, known as the cultural heartbeat of New Orleans. Revel in New Orleans’ Creole and Black history with its roots in Congo square and Storyville, and learn about the birthplace of Jazz greats such as Alphonse Picou and Trombone Shorty.