Tour the storied streets of the three-century-old French Quarter with a historian. The tour begins on the banks of the Mississippi and moves through the historic streets and landmarks of New Orleans.
Best Price Guaranteed
- The vibrant history of New Orleans is brought to life on a 2-hour historian led French Quarter walking tour.
- Even the well-informed traveler will gain deeper insight into one of the world’s most authentic, diverse, and beloved cities.
- The French Quarter or Vieux Carre (Old Square) is the original French city founded more than 300 years ago.
- Learn about the complex heritage of New Orleans, from the founding by the French, the rule of the Spanish, and the purchase by the Americans.
- Gain an understanding of the striking diversity of NOLA, and how slaves and free people of color here made a huge impact on America and the world!
- Understand the importance of Congo Square, the difference between Creoles and Cajuns, and the truth about New Orleans Voodoo.
- New Orleans is a cultural mixing that gave rise to distinctive architecture, delectable cuisine, and the birth of Jazz.
- A historian tour guide will escort you through some of the most historic streets in North America, in an area known as the sliver by the river.
- See the French Market (oldest operating public market in America), an elevated view of the Mississippi River (the river that created the city), Frenchman Street (the real street to listen to music), the residential French Quarter, Jackson Square (the heart of the city), the St. Louis Cathedral, Carriageways, and Courtyards, and the story of New Orleans.
- The tour begins at the foot of Esplanade Avenue (Esplanade and North Peters)near the New Orleans Jazz Museum.
Rain or Shine
Oct 5, 2021
Jul 8, 2021
Jun 15, 2021
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year