New Orleans Oak Alley & Laura Plantation Tour
Experience two famous Louisiana Plantations and learn all about the Antebellum South with a small group. Tour historic Laura & Oak Alley Plantations. Go back to this fascinating time in United States history.
What You Will Do
- Enjoy a fun and historical narration as you ride out of New Orleans, led by a professional driver-guide in a comfy 13-passenger van
- Cruise along Lake Pontchartrain, taking in the sights while learning about the history of the Antebellum South.
- Guided tours of two local plantation mansions with 2 very different types of architecture
- Explore the area's sugarcane fields and plantation gardens, and hear tales on the history and culture of this pre-civil war era
- Half-day 6 hour guided tour
- Pick up and return from any centrally located hotel and B.&B.
- Entrance fees to visit 2 Plantation estates
No food or drinks included, you could bring your own or purchase some from the gift shops at both Plantations
- No food or drinks included, please eat prior to the tour or bring food and drinks with you.
- 231 Ratings
- David Chetek
We enjoyed the entire day with our tour guide Joseph. He is outstanding! I was amazed at the all the information we received from him on our drive out to the area. The tour of the plantations was fascinating. I never dreamed I would ever be walking on the grounds and thru the mansion of Oak Alley. I was always seen picture's but to actually be there is amazing. The guides on the plantation made the experience and the history come to life. The tour was eye opening and very sobering to think what happened a very long time ago. History has many stories to tell. The knowledge received will only add to life's many adventure's.
- Mark Lammas,
Our tour guide Muriel was very informative and personable. The tour was at an easy pace and the two Plantations visited so very different and interesting.
- Cindy Shantz
We reserved a 13 passenger van because we assumed that would also mean we would only have 13 people in the tour. Unfortunately, this was not the case. I think you should make that clear in your advertising. Having said that, our guide to the plantations was good (Jerry) and our guides, particularly at the Laura plantation, were excellent! We thoroughly enjoyed our day although we are questioning paying extra money for a smaller group when we actually we were combined with large groups at the plantations.
- Nana Rizinashvili
Everything was excellent
- marc rosabrunetto
Good choice of 2 different plantations and very opposed visits
- Gail Diane Rogers
Tour was as described and the operator went above and beyond to ensure we knew our pick up time by calling our hotel the day before and also emailing to ensure we had the time
- Beth Griswold
Loved Laura. Disappointed by Oak Alley - too commercial, and tour wasn't as interesting as Laura.
- Tom Stetzer`
Billy was a very good guide. He was very informative on the way to and from the plantations. While at the plantations everything was very smooth and well planned. No issues or problems and we had a great time. You can't control the heat but the vans were very nice and clean.