- 4 Ratings
Ninth Square Food and History Tour
Journey through downtown New Haven to discover the city's rich past and eclectic restaurant scene. Sample delicacies from one of the most exciting corners found here, Ninth Square.
What You Will Do
- Meander around Ninth Square on a four-hour food tour that fills your mind and your stomach
- Start off at Elm City Market to sample, smell, and see local foods and produce, then enjoy delectable pastries and bread at G Cafe
- Head to Tikkaway Grill for fresh Indian fare that treats your taste buds to a burst of flavors
- Taste a specialty pasta dish and wines at Skappo Italian restaurant, plus sample imported and homemade Italian food at their specialty shop, Skappo Merkato
- Learn all about local history, architecture, and culture as you experience the sights, sounds, and flavors of the city
- Guided food tour
- 4 Ratings
Good selection of restaurants, and the restauranteurs were entertaining. I didn't rate this as 'completely satisfied because it was billed as 4 hours, but took just over 3. It was a good tour though!
We needed to have more time in between stops, taking ten steps out the door & being at the next place doesn't work well when you're still full. I would have been happy to walk (a lot) more to space things out, seeing & hearing more about anything in the city. It's not the guide's fault that we started late (waiting on people who failed to plan/figure out where they were going) & then seemed to be hurrying up the rest of the time. I had no idea the stops would be so close & we'd go directly to the next, cramming in food too quickly. I had really enjoyed the last tour & the wealth of information that Colin shared as well as the spacing of stops & generous sized drinks & food to try. The first stop only offered a fancy cracker with cheese, not even water, & was shown up by the cheese sample demo. Some places seemed less than enthused to have the group & drinks were much smaller/cheaper. The rushed timing was the biggest issue for me--space things out, walk a little more, relax & let us digest a bit, & see more of the city. It would make for a much better experience.