- 9 Ratings
Goatville Food and History Tour
Head to Upper State Street for a tasty tour of Goatville where you explore spots just outside of downtown New Haven. Check out popular restaurants and cool shops as you learn all about local lore.
What You Will Do
- Start this four-hour tour off right with a mini breakfast and coffee at Chestnut Fine Foods
- Energize your mind and stomach at the Coffee Pedaler with coffee and a Montreal bagel tasting
- Jump on over to Marjolaine for a taste of French style pastries, then move to the famous Modern Apizza to try one of New Haven's best pies and some beer
- Walk next door to Christopher Martin's for American fare and a little more beer before venturing into a residential neighborhood to absorb the local architecture
- Spice it up at Mezcal with a sampling of regional Mexican food and mezcal, finishing the fun at Oak Haven with a dessert and a wine tasting
- Guided tour
- 9 Ratings
It was a great experience. I loved getting to know the neighborhood. The food was great and it was a lot.
There is much to learn about Goatville. Very unique neighborhood with amazing historical facts and many great restaurants in close proximity! Quaint section of New Haven that I will certainly re-visit with no agenda but to experience.
The food was delicious and there was plenty to go around. Very well done by the tour guide. Four hours was perfect and I will definitely come back for another tour.
My tour guide Dan was excellent and all the food was amazing. I will be back for another tour!!
The food was delicious and the tour was both interesting and entertaining.
Good variety of foods, good information about New Haven, history of area we visited. Very friendly and accommodating tour guide. Enough time between food stops to "let it settle". Always good to go out of your food comfort zone and try some new things. Went on a different tour a couple of years ago and probably would do another next year.