Guided Walk through Old Delhi
Immerse yourself in the rich history of Delhi on a guided tour of the old part of town. Travel back in time and across cultures on a tour that highlights the religious, historic and culinary traditions of India.
What You Will Do
- Stand beneath the red sandstone and white marble minarets of the Jama Mosque, built by a Mughal emperor in 1644
- Shop like a local as you wander through the spice stalls and produce stands of the bustling Chandni Chowk Market
- Satiate your senses in the old spice market as you learn about traditional spices, herbs and teas and their medicinal uses
- Taste locals' favorite snacks, such as paratha flatbreads, as you chow down on delightful delicacies
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local guide
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended. At all places of worship, shoes must be removed and knees and shoulders must be covered. Share hotel name with tour provider upon booking for pick up. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- 6 Ratings
I brought members of my team with me to India, and we arrived very early in the morning to the city. I was pleased that the company was willing t adjust the start time of this tour so that we could get some rest at the hotel before venturing out to Old Delhi. The tour was incredible. We thoroughly enjoyed the temple tour, and we absolutely appreciated to opportunities to see Old Delhi via the rickshaws and walks that we took. The perfect ending to the day was the opportunity to relax and watch the sunset on top of an old building attached to a spice market. Wonderful pictures will keep the memories alive. Special thanks to Deepak for taking us.
Just expected a little more communication.