Lynchburg Whiskey Distillery Tour
Spend a day in historic Lynchburg, where you get a feel for this charming southern town. Go on an insider's tour of the Jack Daniel's Distillery, where you learn the history of America's most popular whisky.
What You Will Do
- Stroll the streets of Shelbyville, a small Tennessee town famous for breeding the agile Tennessee Walking Horse
- Travel through the picturesque rolling hills and past busy farms into Moore County, one of the original three counties where distilling was legal
- Arrive at Jack Daniel's Distillery in Lynchburg, where you have the option for a tasting or non-tasting tour, then peruse the town square in downtown Lynchburg for an hour and a half
- Get a special tour of the Old No. 7 brand, where you learn the full story of how the highest selling American whiskey in the world grew from the second smallest county in Tennessee
- Visit the White Rabbit Bottle Shop, where you can purchase rare, Tennessee-only bottles of Jack Daniel's, and check out the selection of branded Jack items at the downtown general store
- Bottled water
Guests must be 21 years or older to participate in alcohol consumption. Guests will not be refunded if they are late and miss the bus.
Please bring valid identification. You may bring your own adult beverages. The distillery does not allow purses, bags or backpacks on the tour or in the facility. Phones, cameras and wallets are allowed. Please dress for the weather since much of the tour is outside. It is recommended that you wear comfortable shoes as walking is involved. Tickets for Jack Daniels Tour are not included. It is recommended that you purchase that ticket ahead of time if you desire to take a distillery tour. Transportation will either be by air conditioned coach bus or 15 passenger van with professional driver. You have the option to choose between a tasting or non-tasting tour at your own expense. The non-tasting tour runs approximately 1.25 minutes. The tasting tour runs approximately 1.5 hours. The tours are on a first come first served basis. This tour will depart Lynchburg at 2:30pm and drop off at the starting point at approximately 4:00pm.
Tickets are non-refundable. However, they are transferable should someone not be able to make the tour. If mechanical failures or other unforeseen circumstances disrupt or shorten the tour ticket cost will be refunded accordingly.
- 177 Ratings
Loved Chip, but the movie that played “Bad Bosses 2” was very offensive. Would highly suggest you view the movie to be sure it would appeal to the majority of people.
No bathroom on the bus.
Good experience overall, except for a few noisy people at the back of the bus. Having four hours to decide myself what to do in town is a good thing.
Expensive but good service
I wish we had approximately an hour more after our tour to explore the shops next door in Lynchburg.
Jed is an awesome tour guide! Very knowledgable and great sense of humor! So interesting to see the entire process. We also enjoyed our time in town and the great lunch we had.
Would have liked maybe 30 minutes longer at the town. For those who do the tour and lunch at miss mary bobo's you have just about 20 minutes to walk/shop after lunch. Also that peanut butter beer in the local 6 pack we bought was incredibly bad I would not recommend that beer to anyone haha.
Chip had some great insight about Lynchburg and the Jack Daniels tour. Very personable. The driver was very nice. The air conditioning wasn't working or wasn't working well and it was a 100 degree day. That was the only complaint.
Had a great time!