- 162 Ratings
Wild Mushroom Foraging Adventure on Sonoma's Coast
Get a better insight about the wild foods around you when you take part in this foraging class geared toward mushrooms. You'll learn which ones are ideal to pick and bring home for cooking, while getting a better understanding to those you should steer clear from. After class, put your skills to the test and hunt alone for mushrooms in the countryside of the Sonoma Coast.
What You Will Do
- Participate in a foraging adventure, discovering wild mushrooms in the area that are ideal for using in your everyday life
- Learn about wild mushroom habitat and, find out which ones are safe to eat
- Go outdoors and hunt for wild mushrooms with a guided instructor leading the way
- Gain a strong appreciation for wild mushrooms that are tasty and healthy
- Wild mushroom foraging class
Please note that mushroom hunts start promptly at 10 a.m.
On occasion tours are forced to cancel due to nature, or lack thereof, and/or regulations outside of our control. In those cases, you will be contacted at least four days in advance with an option to reschedule or receive a full refund.
- 162 Ratings
We had a great time! We got lucky and found a lot of mushrooms and Patrick was very knowledgeable. One minor thing we would change it to meet at the location instead of in Jenner. We had to travel an additional 17 miles north of Jenner on Highway 1 which took between 30-40 minutes. If we had just met at the state park we could have had more time to forage.
Great instuctor! Had a wonderful time.
The instructor was extremely knowledgeable & that gave me a lot of confidence in what could have been a risky activity.
It was great. We thought Patrick was awesome and so knowledgeable.
I learned a lot and enjoyed the walk. Patrick was awesome. One note: the emails from ForageSF said to bring plastic bags, but Patrick frowns upon that! Paper bags only!