- 3 Ratings
On-Water Navigation Class in Mt. Pleasant
Learn how to navigate on the sea with a class suited for kayakers of all levels. Team up with helpful instructors to get the low down on finding your way on the water.
What You Will Do
- Get a grasp of the basics and beyond when it comes to on-water navigation in a kayak
- Learn how to read navigational charts, how to properly use a compass and chart, and how to plan your trip to accommodate the tides
- Open up new paddling opportunities as you push your skills to the next level in this full-day class
- Cover the essentials in the classroom, then grab a paddle and head out on the water to put what you learn into practice
- Classroom time
- On-water practice
- Full-day navigation class
- 3 Ratings
Navigation class was an excellent hands on course,very informative
Jeff gave a very good class on navigation, teaching and testing all of us to be sure we could use our skills with the map and on the water. He also got us through some tricky paddling coming back, with the wind and waves kicking up. We had a great time and highly recommend this class.
We used our new navigation skills to execute a thrilling tour across Charleston harbor. Our instructor , Jeff, is a very professional leader.