- 3 Ratings
Fort Lauderdale Strange True Tour
This one and half hour walking tour takes adults through the diverse and hidden history of Fort Lauderdale, from the early history "Fort Liquor-dale" to the smuggling and drug trade of more modern history.
What You Will Do
- Take an hour and half stroll through Fort Lauderdale's nefarious past on this adult-themed adventure
- Walk back in time with the Rev. Master Jeffrey as your guide, an expert in weird and unusual history
- Listen to tales dating back to the early 1920's when the infamous 'Rum Runners' that came from the Bahamas to New River
- Discover recent history of the modern day drug runners as you learn about 'square groupers,' the history of offshore racing and men running from the law while providing illicit goods for the party crowd of South Florida
- Connect Florida's speedboat history of the 1970's and 80's to the world of narcotics and trade as you sip a cocktail from Briny's pub along the way
-1 and half hour walking tour with Rev. Master Jeffrey as your guide
- Stories of Fort Lauderdale's tumultuous history as groups stroll along the river to uncover its fascinating past
Wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes. Bring ID for the purchase of alcoholic beverages.
- 3 Ratings
Very interesting and the tour guide had a great sense of humor!