Nautical Ventures allows adventure-seekers a chance to explore one of America’s hidden gems. Peanut Island offers watersports and outdoor enthusiasts looking for a new experience and adventure.
Best Price Guaranteed
- Created in 1918 when the Lake Worth Inlet was dredged, the island is an 80-acre county park in the middle of Port of Palm Beach
- It features snorkeling, picnic shelters, 20 campsites, a 1.25-mile paved walking path around the perimeter, and is home to a bomb shelter designed for President John F. Kennedy
- The Kennedy Bunker, although closed indefinitely in 2017, was the underground fallout shelter built as a safe-haven for John F. Kennedy, whose family’s Palm Beach compound was just minutes away
- The surrounding waters abound with colorful reef fish as well as rays, manatee, and small sharks
- Peanut Island was voted as one of the best snorkeling spots in the nation and with Nautical Ventures providing a kayak or SUP, everyone has a chance to explore this amazing place for themselves.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff will set up your vessel
- Including a life jacket and detailed self-guided tour instructions
Bring a cooler with food/drinks, snorkel gear, water shoes.
Alcohol is not permitted in any state park.
- If the weather is bad due to high winds, lightning, rain, storms in the area, unsafe conditions we will call you to cancel or move your reservation
- Cancellations made by our staff due to weather will receive a full refund
- We reserve the right to cancel any rental at any time due to extreme conditions deemed unsafe in which case you will receive a full refund
- All cancellations must be confirmed via email
May 22, 2023
Nautical Ventures made sure our rental went seamlessly! There were no issues with our Groupon code. Our paddle boards were ready on time and the employees were super helpful. I would definitely book with them again!
May 21, 2023
May 20, 2023
May 7, 2023
Apr 24, 2023
Ease of check in, quality of boards, and helpfulness of service man
Apr 24, 2023
Apr 23, 2023
Me and my family had a great time!!
Apr 10, 2023
Very strange / bizzare experience. I purchased a Groupon to go paddle boarding with some friends. The reservation was for 10am and in the confirmation email I received it said to arrive 15 minutes prior to your reservation. We arrived promptly at the location they sent and Nautical Ventures was still closed. We waited.. and waited… Finally at about 10:15 I called to see if anyone would answer and a man answered and seemed puzzled that they were still closed. Finally at like 10:20 someone came and helped us. I asked since they arrived late if we could extend our time a little and his response was that we could pay $20 to extend for the full day so I handed him a 20 and he put it in his tip jar. We paddled straight across to peanut island and at about 2:30 we were trying to go back but couldn’t because the tide was pooling us toward the main channel, the opposite direction of where we needed to go. We were stuck with other paddle boarders as well who couldn’t make it back, not sure if they were from the same company. I called and they told me they would send someone out. After about an hour I called and asked for an update and it was a different person speaking with me who told me that we needed to figure it out because they don’t have a boat to send to come get us. He then proceeded to suggest we all carry our paddle boards to the fairy. I told him that was not an option for us to walk far with the paddle boards because my boyfriend has a knee injury. His response was, “Well you probably shouldn’t be paddle boarding if you have a knee injury.” He told me it was not his problem to figure out and we ended up in an argument because he was extremely disrespectful with a dismissive attitude, overall extremely unprofessional and unhelpful. Do all of your staff talk to customers with choice words? In the end they never sent anyone out to get us and we had to pay to take the fairy back. Perhaps your staff should be advised to talk to the customers about the tide conditions and when they should begin to paddle back. I didn’t feel safe and I’m so glad I didn’t have any children with me. I’m also glad I had food and water because your staff treated me as if I died in their kayaks it was no biggie. Please, do better.
Apr 6, 2023
It’s always a pleasure renting from Nautical Ventures. Equipment is in good condition, the staff is courteous and friendly and the location is perfect to paddle over to Peanut Island.
Mar 29, 2023
From reserving our spot, to the SUP ride to Peanut Island, our experience exceeded expectations. Mike was super helpful with the navigation of the boards and pointers. We enjoyed our time on the biards and the walking path around Peanut Island. We will be back -thanks for a great day on the water!!
Meeting location:  200 E 13th St
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
Double Kayak Rental - Peanut Island | Half Day
“This was a great experience. The staff are very helpful and easy going. The location is great. We had 4 hours of paddle boarding/kayaking and plenty of time to circle Peanut Island, eat lunch, walk the island, and hang out at the beach. We would definitely come back again. - Missy B”
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year