Market Tour, Cooking Class, & Traditional Lunch at Casa Jacaranda
Taste the best of Mexico on a tour that starts with selecting the ingredients and ends with a home-made meal of traditional foods. End with a meal of hand-prepared dishes on a rooftop garden.
What You Will Do
- Meet your tour guides for the day, who lead you through the city and take you on a tour of traditional Mexican cuisine
- Stroll through the Mercado de Medellin to seek out the freshest and tastiest ingredients while conversing with the locals who shop in this market every day
- Sample the local fare or sip on a coffee as you see the colorful stalls that sell everything a chef could want
- Head to Casa Jacaranda to start slicing and dicing your way to amazing dishes: Blend spicy salsas, sizzle steaks and fish, and learn the history behind the dishes
- Take your homemade dishes to the garden rooftop for a satisfying meal complete with tequila and mescal
- All materials and ingredients
- Artisanal mezcal or tequila
- Guided tour
- Cooking class
The activity is held rain or shine on the stated dates as long as the minimum number of participants (two) is met. Please note that we can accommodate most special requests regarding dietary restrictions, but please let us know in advance.
15 days or more prior to the class, the fee is 100% refundable less a $30 cancellation fee per person booked. 15 days or less prior to the class, the fee is non-refundable. However, you may reschedule your class or transfer your class to another person within 6 months after the date of the class. If no reschedule occurs during this period, the credit is canceled. After the date of the class, the fee is non-refundable and no rescheduling is allowed.