Beale Street Walking Tour
Experience the vibrant sights and sounds of Beale Street on a guided walking tour. Learn about the gangsters who ran the street, the musicians that put Memphis blues on the map, the African American civil rights leaders that instituted social change and more, as you explore the Home of the Blues.
What You Will Do
- Walk past some of Beale Street's landmark blues clubs and hear about the musicians that developed Memphis Style Blues, including Louis Armstrong, Muddy Waters and B.B. King
- Listen to stories from local experts about Beale Street's development from trade district to vibrant African American community and iconic American street
- Smell savory barbecue and other delicious dishes from some of Beale Street's restaurants and cafes
- Take in Beale Street's colorful signs and historical architecture as you listen to the stories behind the buildings
- 45 minute guided tour of Beale Street by local experts
Please wear comfortable clothing. Wheelchair accommodation provided.
Rescheduling is possible for tours cancelled due to inclement weather. Full refund available for tours unable to be rescheduled.