Private Surf Lessons in the Sebastian Inlet
Make surfing your lifetime sport by learning in the clean and beautiful waters of the Atlantic Ocean near Florida's best known surf spot, the Sebastian Inlet.
What You Will Do
- It's an old saying, but one that still holds true: only a surfer knows the feeling. Experience the feeling of catching your first wave with patient and professional instruction
- Gain skills and tips that will have you surfing safely wherever your surfing travels take you
- Learn strength and balance training from a professional that will have you catching waves quicker, with the advantage of having your own instructor on a beach that is essentially private
- Surf where legends have surfed! The Sebastian Inlet is regarded as the most consistent wave in Florida and has been the proving ground for many top professional surfers including Kelly Slater
- 2.5 hour private surf lesson with CPR certified instructor
- Board and leash
Wind and wave conditions vary. Surf tends to be best early in the morning, during lighter winds, and on incoming tides right after dead low, so be ready to get up early. All lessons are by appointment and will be scheduled to take advantage of the best possible teaching conditions. Call Operator ahead of lesson for updates. All students are required to sign a liability waiver prior to starting instruction. All students are encouraged to wear sun protective clothing and/or professional grade sunscreens, which are available for purchase at the shop.
Operator is happy to reschedule lessons due to wave/weather conditions not being favorable.
- 1 Rating
I recommend a private surf lesson to anyone. The Email-contact with John was very nice and he always answered quickly. I had booked a certain time and date online but John suggested an earlier lesson because of better tide. The lesson itself started with a bit of exercise. John explained how you can generally keep in shape for surfing and why certain exercises are useful. Afterwards he explained how to wax a board. Before we finally started surfing, John advised to asked the local people when you surf in unknown regions and how waves develop. I really enjoyed myself a lot during the lesson and would love to come back soon!