Medellin Drug War History Tour
Satisfy your curiosity for the darker side of history with a guided tour of Medellin. Visit the former battlefield of the War on Drugs with a tour through authentic neighborhoods and landmarks that played an important role in it all.
What You Will Do
- Take a private tour through Colombia's second largest city and experience first-hand the transformation the city has made from drug haven to tranquil urban center
- Check out Pablo Escobar's former headquarters where he ran his vast drug empire, the Edificio Mónaco—which is currently being renovated as a police station
- Wander through the Cemetario Jardins Montesacro-- a perfectly landscaped cemetery where the remains of the iconic drug lord lay
- See Comuna 13, and what used to be one of the most violent neighborhoods in the world, now turned into a prosperous community
- Learn about the Parques Biblioteca, an innovative gathering-point for the community built into mountainsides where children read and play
- Four hour private tour
- Bilingual guide/driver
- Access to sites
- 35 Ratings
- Pamelabeth F.
Personal private tour with detailed information by John