- 64 Ratings
Massachusetts Avenue Food Tour in Indianapolis
Explore the tasty side of Indianapolis on a guided tour through two of the area's best neighborhoods. Feast on tasty cuisine as you check out historic landmarks and more.
What You Will Do
- Discover the tasty treats of two popular Indianapolis neighborhoods, Lockerbie and Chatham Arch
- Weave in and out of historic restaurants that have been around for years and check out more contemporary spots
- Feast on a range of fare, including German-inspired dishes, a popular local sandwich, and handmade desserts
- Hit up the area's one and only brewery to sip on craft beers and learn about the process behind each
- See landmarks and attractions along the way, including the Historic Murat Theater and the James Whitcomb Riley home
- Guided food tour
- 64 Ratings
Enjoyed this food tour group so much! A fun couples thing to do on a Saturday.
Good food great information pleasant surroundings. great value for the price
Excellent guide, good food and drinks, enjoyed variety of stops and walking tour. Plan to schedule Fountain Square in future.
We really wanted to rate it 4.5. Our tour guide, Martha, was fantastic! She was very knowledgeable and made us feel comfortable with our very small group. The places we visited were great. The only reason why we would rate it 4.5 stars is because we have gone on other food tours in different cities where we go to more restaurants, but they gave us much smaller portions. We really enjoyed the three we visited, but the portions were almost full meal sized, and we had a hard time enjoying the third meal because we were so full. The house tour was very interesting and a good break between restaurants. There are so many great restaurants in Indy, it would be nice to feature a few more of them but with much smaller samples.
Everything was great, except the potential near-death experience at Lockerbie. My mom is severely allergic to seafood, which was clearly outlined in our reservation. We also spoke to our guide about this before the tour began and made sure she was aware. All was going well until mom bit into the tenderloin at Lockerbie and immediately turned red and felt ill. When we asked the man serving the food, we were informed they fry all their food, including fish, in the same oil. Thankfully she only took a single bite or this could’ve been a huge disaster.