- 37 Ratings
Chickies Rock Outdoor Rappelling Adventure
Channel your inner daredevil as you rappel off cliffs ranging from 80 feet to 175 feet. Rappel in one of Pennsylvania's premiere crags, with cliffs over 100 feet looking over the Susquehanna River.
What You Will Do
- Take part in a thorough on-the-ground review of climbing gear, rappelling techniques, and risk management as you prepare for the day ahead
- Rappel using the anchors and rappelling station set up by your experienced instructors, leaving you with the rest of the day to rappel off cliffs of all sizes
- Admire the stratified rock and its varying layers, admiring the largest exposed Anticline on the east coast of the United States
- Look below to see the rolling Susquehanna River's eastern bank as you rappel down rocks, building strength and skills no matter what level
- Work at your own pace and build up your skills as you progress to harder spots to rappel throughout the day
- Guided lesson
- Ropes, harnesses, helmet, and other necessary gear
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 7 days in advance.
- 37 Ratings
I thought everything went very well. Our guides set up the safety ropes prior to our arrival. Everyone was nice and easy to get along with. The guides first priority was safety and help everyone on each of the rappels. We learned the necessary knots and had a lot of fun.
The guides were very professional and were very nice. Safety is most important and it seems they had everything covered and made me comfortable. I had my 15 year old daughter with me and she was comfortable and had lots of fun. The experience was supposed to be from 9 to 1...we got started a little late, but we also finished a little later than 1. They were setting up the lines and safety ropes before they met with the group. This was good since they didn't rush to get started by 9 nor did they rush to be finish by 1. They made sure everybody got to enjoy the experience. I would definitely do an adventure with them again...
Very experienced guides who were a pleasure to hangout with
Eric and David were excellent instructors. We will definitely be back!