- 59 Ratings
Beginner Rock Climbing on Chickies Rock
Learn to climb in one of Pennsylvania's premiere climbing crags with cliffs over 100 feet overlooking the Susquehanna River. Get out of the climbing gym and onto a real rock with stunning views below.
What You Will Do
- Learn top-rope (single pitch) climbing basics from experienced, AMGA (American Mountain Guides Association) certified instructors
- Go over the basics of climbing gear, body movement, climbing technique, communication, proper foot positioning, and safe hand holds
- Put these new skills to practice as you top-rope climb cliffs of various heights on a variety of routes with unique rock types and features
- Climb on the various paths on Chickies Rock as you become a more skilled climber while capturing impressive views
- Pause and enjoy from over 100 feet above the rolling waters of the Susquehanna River
- Guided lesson
- Ropes, harnesses, helmet and other necessary gear
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 7 days in advance.
- 59 Ratings
First time rock climbing and the trip was amazing. Guides are so helpful and full of information. I would suggest this trip for anyone looking to challenge themselves with a new adventure!
Fun, challenging, and informative!
Well organized, very professional and helpful instructors, and the weather cooperated too
great time. great people.
Very helpful, friendly and experienced guides. Plenty of time to do all of the climbs. This was my second time going with this group and I had a great time again!
I really enjoyed the Intro to Rock Climbing course. David was not only extremely knowledgable, but also fun, engaging and encouraging.
We were very happy with our experience. We are anxiously awaiting more climbing trips to take! The guides were patient hands on and encouraging. They really let us explore our limits.
Really enjoyed all the instructors and their encouragement for my first time trying rock climbing! I'll definitely be signing up for another location :) much thanks to you all!
I was so impressed with the way this company ran it's business. It seemed as if all of the guides wanted to be a part of Valley to Summit because of their passion for climbing and introducing the sport to others, rather than it just being a job. I really appreciate all of the guides' hard work to satisfy their customers. I have already recommended VTS to many people! Keep up the great work!
I greatly enjoyed the Intro to Rock Climbing class I attended. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable, and yet encouraged independence and hands-on application. They did a wonderful job supporting all class participants in their climbs without being pushy All in all, it was an amazing experience! Thanks so much to you and your staff!
Awesome people that provided a very friendly environment to learn in
The guides could not have been any better. As a first time climber they provided me with exactly what I needed to have a safe and super enjoyable day.
Very nice guides and patient!
The guides were knowledgeable, personable, encouraging, and the event was well organized. I will definitely climb with Valley to Summit again.
want more climb time