Portland Art Museum Low-Light Photography
Uncover how to capture incredible images in challenging lighting situations. Take advantage of unique and creative opportunities around every corner, expanding your mind and embracing the dramatic lighting.
What You Will Do
- Learn F-stops, depth of field, shutter speeds, aperture priority, manual Mode, and holding-long shutter speeds
- Work on spot metering, center point focusing, finding quality lighting, lighting direction, and more
- Check out Japanese, Korean, Chinese, and American Art, as well as English Silver
- Visit the Center for Native American Art, the Schnitzer Center For Northwest Art, and more
- Guided tour
- Admission to the Museum is included
Please bring a DSLR or point and shoot camera (must have ISO 1000+ capability), fully charged battery and backup–enough for two hours of shooting, enough memory cards for 200 images, your fastest wide angle or standard lens, camera manual, and a lens cloth if you have it. It is recommended that you wear good walking shoes. No tripods or flash. No backpacks or camera bags larger then 11 x 14. If you have them, they will need to be checked. Children ages 13-17 may attend, but must be accompanied by a legal guardian. Guests should be comfortable walking 1-2 miles. A signed liability waiver required.
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 14 days in advance.
- 4 Ratings