- 9 Ratings
Sea of Cortez Reef Spearfishing
Fish the original way: spearfishing! Take advantage of the rich waters of the Pacific Ocean and Sea of Cortez to hunt along tropical reefs that are home to plenty of fish. Learn all about spearfishing from expert guides who will get you prepared to try it. Then, dive deep to see if you can snag a big catch using only your instinct and spear. Don't wait for the fish to bite—go in the water after them!
What You Will Do
- Set out for the Pacific Ocean or Sea of Cortez to try spearfishing, an ancient style of fishing
- Take advantage of all the equipment you need that will be waiting for you: both freediving and hunting gear are provided
- Let the friendly staff help you out with tips and advice: learn basic hunting techniques, as well as the best way to dive into the water
- Hear all about the huge variety of fish you'll be hunting to discover some tricks for catching them
- Enjoy the warm tropical waters and bright sun as you splash around in this natural paradise
- All equipment for spearfishing
- Bottled water and snacks
This activity is for beginners to experts.
- 9 Ratings
We could have a better boat for the trip... our guide (Jonathan) did a great job entertaining the whole family and compensated the bad boat we had and made the experiency really good, but would be better on board of a better boat... Thanks!
Niko knows his stuff! I have always fished with scuba and didn't know if I could go free dive deep enough to do any good. After some quick Niko Zen training on the boat I was going pretty deep. Niko knows all the good spots and will hook you up with some fish.
I loved Nico!! We had a great experience!!! Lots of fish!!
Great introduction to free diving and spearfishing for the complete beginner.
Great experience. Niko was funny and serious at the same time. Perfect mix of when to joke and when to get down to business.