Merrymaking with Nightlife Queen Amy Sacco
Founder of Nightlife Concepts
Worldwide Rogue Travel Warrior
I love any and all creature comforts: great food, music, books, film, culture and adventure. My travel bucket list has Egypt, Thailand, Australia and South Africa on it (I'm lucky, I've been almost everywhere I have craved to go!) . I love to stay at the Thompson Beverly Hills when visiting Los Angeles.
The places you should definitely see
1. The Getty: This collection of museums has inspired generations of curiosity with their displays of historically important art. The views are also incredible!
2. The Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA): The only museum in Los Angeles dedicated exclusively to contemporary art.
3. Nobu Malibu: No matter where you're seated, an ocean view complements your meal.
The activities that can't be missed
1. Chateau Marmont: This is a must. I always make a point of stopping here because I know I'll see a bunch of random pals at any given time, saving me making calls or arrangements during a small trip!
2. Retro furniture shopping on La Brea Avenue and in Hancock Park. Lots of hidden treasures to be found at these shops between Melrose and 3rd.
3. Rodeo Drive: Famous for its luxury shopping. I always land in the loving hands of the Frederic Fekkai Salon for a mani-pedi, trim, style and a great blowout.
My hidden gems
1. Breakfast at Joan’s On Third: Always the healthiest, best prepared and perfectly cooked food and fresh produce. No matter what time I go, I cannot resist the pretzels with caramel dipped in chocolate... it’s my ultimate weakness!
2. A sneak trip to NewbarK: To grab the newest and coolest handbag or shoes/boots, all from the super hot sister duo Marjan and Maryam Malakpour (stylists to the Rolling Stones, among many rockers!).
3. Dinner at The Sunset Tower: Not just for the amazing food and glamorous guests; Jeff Klein, the mastermind and owner of the hotel, always allows me some leeway. I usually jump on top of the piano and give a rendition of some sordid song. The guests may or may not like it, but the staff and I always have a good laugh!