A Taste of Los Angeles with Sony Exec Andrea Wong
Sony Entertainment Executive
Foodie & Memento Collector
I travel to learn more about local history, find great shopping, and enjoy delicious food and wine. My earliest travel memories are of the family vacations we used to take to Lake Tahoe. I often find myself in Los Angeles and I love it because I instantly feel like I'm on vacation the minute I get here (even if I am working!). I would stay at the Peninsula Beverly Hills Hotel. Lunch on the roof deck is a must for the views of the neighborhood. The place I'm most excited to travel to next is Bhutan.
The places you should definitely see
- Rodeo Drive: For world-famous couture shopping in the heart of Beverly Hills.
- The Getty Museum: Learn the history behind the art and the architecture while enjoying spectacular views of the city.
- The Country Mart in Malibu is great. Enhance your coastal escape with a romantic walk along Carbon Beach.
My favorite places to eat are
- Soho House West Hollywood: The outdoor dining patio is beautiful!
- The Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel: The McCarthy Salad is delicious!
- Katsuya: My favorite dishes are the baked crab hand rolls, spicy tuna on crispy rice, albacore sashimi with crispy onion, and the almond scallops.
My hidden gems
- Hiko Sushi: My favorite omakase sushi in Los Angeles.
- Natura Spa: A Korean spa that is the best place to get a body scrub.
- La Casita Mexicana: Delicious and authentic Mexican food in East LA.