- 1 Rating
Loon & Shorebirds Cruise in Cape May
Spot loons and other shorebirds soaring through the air and skimming over the water on a cruise around Cape May. Hear the history of the area and learn about the birds that make their home here.
What You Will Do
- Set off on a guided cruise down the Maurice River where you see loons and all sorts of shorebirds
- Sit back and relax as lush riverbanks pass you by: Look out for waterfowl, osprey and plenty more
- Enjoy the great outdoors as you breathe in the fresh air and marvel at the scenery of Cape May that surrounds you
- Learn about the birds you find from naturalist guides, who are full of interesting tidbits
- Cape May Birding Observatory loon and shorebirds cruise
- 1 Rating
I always enjoy this trip and I wanted to try it in March, just to see what, if anything, would be out there. There were only three of us present (excluding two CMBO staff), but the owner didn't cancel. He was as enthusiastic about going out as we were! Thanks to him, we enjoyed many Buffleheads, Atlantic Brant, Common Loon, Red Breasted Merganser, Horned and Eared Grebe, Greater Scaup, Great Horned Owl, Laughing Gulls and closeup looks at a gathering of Boat Tailed Grackles, mostly females, on one of the grassy islands. A very good day, indeed.