Historic Dickens Holborn Tavern Tour
Visit four historic taverns in old Holborn, the area where Charles Dickens lived, worked and wrote about extensively in his novels. Follow along with an informative guide to immerse yourself in the past of this storied city.
What You Will Do
- Spend more than two hours exploring the pubs and taverns of Holborn, a neighborhood with history around every corner
- Visit four authentic and important pubs, including two Victorian gems and a tavern designed like a great medieval banqueting hall
- Check out a low-ceilinged 18th-century tavern, which is reputedly the most difficult pub to find in London
- See historical sights, including the oldest Catholic Church in England, a well-preserved half-timbered Tudor building, and the city's ancient Inns of Court
- Work with an expert guide, who shares fascinating stories and historical insights into London
- Guided tour
Price varies based on number of people; the more people, the cheaper the price per ticket. The tour covers a walking distance of just over one mile.
- 15 Ratings
We had a wonderful time and learned so much about the pubs!
John was very personable and knowledgeable. We enjoyed the taverns and history lessons very much.
Our tour guide John was very pleasant company. We didn't feel rushed at all. Learned a lot and visited some wonderful pubs!
John is an excellent guide and was able to provide not only interesting insight into each location, but also plenty of great information about the areas leading up to and around each pub. He went above and beyond what we expected and I couldn't recommend this tour enough.
Our guide was great. He was fun and very knowledgeable. This was my first time to England and it was like I met old friend who has lived here all this life and took me on a private tour. I recommend this tour to anyone visiting or who has lived here all their life.