Price varies based on number of people; the more people, the cheaper the price per ticket. The tour covers a walking distance of just over one mile.
Historic Dickens Holborn Tavern Tour
Visit four historic taverns in old Holborn, in the area where Dickens lived, worked, and wrote about extensively in his novels.
What You Will Do
- 2.5 hour guided tour of Holborn pubs and taverns
- Visit 4 different authentic and important pubs, including two Victorian gems, a tavern designed like a great medieval banqueting hall and a low-ceiling 18th century tavern which is reputedly the most difficult pub to find in London
- See historical sights including the oldest Catholic Church in England, one of the best preserved half-timbered Tudor buildings still surviving in London, one of London's earliest residential squares, and one of the city's ancient Inns of Court
- Expert guide shares stories and historical insights
- Drinks are included (one drink of either wine or beer in each of the 4 pubs visited) unless Non-drinkers ticket is selected
- 15 Ratings
We had a wonderful time and learned so much about the pubs!
John was very personable and knowledgeable. We enjoyed the taverns and history lessons very much.
Our tour guide John was very pleasant company. We didn't feel rushed at all. Learned a lot and visited some wonderful pubs!
John is an excellent guide and was able to provide not only interesting insight into each location, but also plenty of great information about the areas leading up to and around each pub. He went above and beyond what we expected and I couldn't recommend this tour enough.
Our guide was great. He was fun and very knowledgeable. This was my first time to England and it was like I met old friend who has lived here all this life and took me on a private tour. I recommend this tour to anyone visiting or who has lived here all their life.