Tour finishes right next to Black friars Underground Station. Price varies based on number of people; the more people, the cheaper the price per ticket. The tour covers a walking distance of just over one mile.
Fleet Street Tavern Tour
Visit four historic taverns around Fleet Street, meandering through the maze of hidden alleys and courtyards that is Old London town.
What You Will Do
- 2.5 hour guided tour of Fleet Street pubs and taverns
- Visit 4 classic London pubs, including two 17th century treasures, a Victorian mock-antique tavern and an Edwardian pub which is well documented in the history of English decorative art
- See historical sights including the Inner and Middle Temples, the Church of "the Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ" (better known as the Knights Templar), the first Tea Room in London, the famous Temple Bar Memorial, the 18th century home of Dr. Johnson, and one of Sir Christopher Wren's masterpieces, the so-called "Cathedral of Fleet Street"
- Expert guides share stories and historical insights
- Drinks (one drink of either wine or beer in each of the 4 pubs visited) unless Non-drinker ticket is selected
- 30 Ratings
Top notch tour!!! Will definitely do one of the others next time in London. We did the Fleet Street and really enjoyed it!
Greig was great! He gave us history of London as well as the history of the bars. It was all inclusive and fantastic. We had an absolutely wonderful time. I highly recommend this tour! We did the Fleet Street tour. Definitely a highlight of our trip to London!
Greg was amazingly entertaining. So much fun and so informative. We recommend it to all.
Fantastic tour - really enjoyed it. We had a great time, learned a lot, had some fun and drank some beer :-)
London Tavern Tours are just a great, relaxing way to see bits of London you would not find on your own. The history of the area and the pubs we visited were intriguing and John described them colorfully. This was my second tour and if we return to London, we will definitely do another! Thanks John!
Our guide, Morris, was very knowledgeable about the history of the city and the taverns. We enjoyed seeing the 4 pubs and the 2 1/2 hours just flew by. It was a nice end to our Essential Britain tour. Some of the pubs was like you were stepping back in time. The tour can be tailored to fit your needs, the pace, what you see, how much history you want to receive, etc. I would definitely do another one if ever I'm in London again. Thank you!
Greig was a wonderful tour guide! He was much fun, knowledgeable, interesting & amusing. We hs such a fun time; thank you!
Greig was a great host and ambassador for the city of London. He was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the history that he was showing us and we learned a lot!
Guide was fantastic. Very historical and informative. Great pubs.
It was an excellent combination of history and fun. Loved our guide and the pubs we visited!
This was a really interesting tour, in a great part of London. A wonderful mix of history and anecdotes, mixed with some very thirst quenching ales.
This tour was the highlight of our stay in London. Service was prompt and reliable. The depth of knowledge and areas that were covered were excellent. Everything we had asked for in our early communications was provided without question. Our tour guide was friendly and engaging. We would definitely recommend London Tavern Trails.