Fleet Street Tavern Tour
Meander through the maze of hidden alleys and courtyards that is Old London town on a tour of Fleet Street. Visit four historic taverns to fill up on local London ales and more.
What You Will Do
- Satisfy your thirst for London history on a guided tour of Fleet Street pubs and taverns
- Visit four classic London pubs, including two 17th-century treasures and a Victorian mock-antique tavern
- Drink up at an Edwardian pub, which is well documented in the history of English decorative art
- See historic London sights, including the Inner and Middle Temples, the Church of "the Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ" and the first Tea Room in London
- Head to the famous Temple Bar Memorial, the 18th-century home of Dr. Johnson, and one of Sir Christopher Wren's masterpieces, the so-called "Cathedral of Fleet Street"
- Guided tour
Tour finishes right next to Black friars Underground Station. Price varies based on number of people; the more people, the cheaper the price per ticket. The tour covers a walking distance of just over one mile.
- 46 Ratings
A fabulous tour led by Greig. Saw a piece of London that we would not have otherwise visited. Very informative, great beer, fabulous history. Could not have asked for more.
My group had such a fun evening! Morris was entertaining and knowledgeable about the history of the area and the pubs. I would recommend this tour to everyone!
Our guide was friendly, knowledgeable and easy to spend time with. The history, in connection with the pubs chosen, was a great mix. One stop planned with a spot of food would have been a plus.
John was a great tour guide - we all enjoyed having drinks with him. The tour took us to places in London we would not have seen otherwise as well.
We had Greg for our guide and he made the evening very interesting and enjoyable. Wealth of knowledge regarding the pubs we visited, British beers and London in general. Easy person to have a conversation with. Well worth it and highly recommended.
Craig was a great guide! As knowledgeable about local history as he was about pubs and English ales. Highest recommendation!
Greg was wonderful. He was very knowledgeable not only about the great pubs we went to but about British history as well. He has a great sense of humor too. This tour was thoroughly enjoyed by my family which included two young adults and my husband and myself who are in our 50"s.
We had an amazing time! It was honestly a highlight of our whole vacation. Greg was super knowledgeable, funny and just fun to hang out with. We enjoyed learning about the history of London and the pubs we visited. It was also a bonus that Greg was able to help us pick beers we liked instead of choosing randomly. Will definitely book another one the next time we visit! Wish you guys were in other cities too!
Perfect and knowledge host!