The tour covers a walking distance of just over one mile. Price varies based on number of people; the more people, the cheaper the price per ticket.
Covent Garden Tavern Tour
This tavern tour takes you through London's famous theatre district visiting four classic pubs from different periods of English history.
What You Will Do
- 2.5 hour guided tour of Covent Garden pubs and taverns
- Visit 4 beautiful old pubs, including the oldest tavern in Covent Garden, where bare-knuckle prize-fights were staged in the cobbled front yard
- Also see an Edwardian tavern that is adorned with sculptures designed in the style of the Arts & Crafts movement, a classic Victorian pub that retains its original etched glass and hand-carved mahogany bar and a friendly independent free house that has been voted best beer and cider pub in England
- Expert guide shares stories and historical insights
- See other historic sites including the Royal Opera House, the Theatre Royal Drury Lane, Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden Piazza, and Cleopatra's Needle
- Drinks are included (one drink of either wine or beer in each of the 4 pubs visited) unless a non-drinkers ticket is selected
- 17 Ratings
Our host was friendly and jovial. We had an awesome time!
We spent a wonderful evening with Morris during our Covent Garden historic pub tour. Not only did we learn a lot about the history of the area and some of it's notorious pubs, but we also enjoyed the time we were able to spend chatting with Morris about life in London. It was a great way to start our 3 day first time visit to London. We highly recommend this tour!
This was a great tour! We loved it and our guide was very informative about the history we wanted to hear. Highly recommend.
The tour was very well planned out and we were very pleased with Morris. He was very knowledgeable and fun to have a few beers with :)