Covent Garden Tavern Tour
Set off on a tour of taverns found throughout London's famous theatre district. Visit four classic pubs from different periods of English history for a taste of local spirits and lore.
What You Will Do
- Drink your fill on a two-hour guided tour of Covent Garden's best pubs and taverns
- Visit four beautiful old pubs, including the oldest tavern in Covent Garden, where bare-knuckle prize-fights were staged in the cobbled front yard
- See an Edwardian tavern adorned with sculptures designed in the style of the Arts & Crafts movement
- Head to a classic Victorian pub that retains its original etched glass and hand-carved mahogany bar
- Check out a independent free house that has been voted the best beer and cider pub in England
- See other historic sites including the Royal Opera House, the Theatre Royal Drury Lane, Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden Piazza and Cleopatra's Needle
- Guided pub tour
The tour covers a walking distance of just over one mile. Price varies based on number of people; the more people, the cheaper the price per ticket.
- 19 Ratings
Personal service and local information was spectacular. My husband and I felt like we were really locals. The pubs we visited all had slightly different flavors and our guide did an excellent job of explaining The history and brews at each location. We would love to do it again!