- 232 Ratings
Camden & Primrose Hill Guided Walking Tour
Discover the history of Camden and Primrose Hill on a journey that leads from the Industrial Revolution to the Pop rockers of the 90s. You'll explore the glamorous side of London where world-famous celebrities make their homes, as well as the more underground side of town where so much iconic music has been inspired—including Pink Floyd. Climb to the top of Primrose Hill to look out over a world-famous skyline for the perfect mental souvenir of your London trip.
What You Will Do
- Start your tour with a history lesson dating back to the Industrial Revolution when both Camden and Primrose Hill became firmly established as neighborhoods
- Experience the two extremes of London: the wealth and luxury of Primrose Hill, and the grittiness and underground-style of Camden
- Follow alleys and side streets to see the side of London that inspired generations of musical artists: from Pink Floyd in the 60s to the Indie Scene of the 80s and beyond
- Stroll along Regent's Canal to visit a riverside section of the city that's lined with colorful boats
- Get a taste for the local art scene from your friendly guide who's at home among all the action, whether it's famous music venues or authentic English pubs
- Guided urban tour
Tours take place whatever the weather. Please be sure to check the weather forecast on the day of your tour and to dress accordingly.
- 232 Ratings
- MARIA LUISA
I had an amazing time in this tour and learned a lot about this part of the city.
Very informative and intresting. Full of great personal stories about the people that live in the area.
Mike is a fantastic guide, we really enjoyed the walk and learning about his life. The combination of history, music and life experience was excellent. We look forward to booking the other tours soon.
Mike was a great storyteller, very sympathy and funny!
Overalll, the tour was very interesting and Mike obviously lived it. However the time spent listening to him telling us about his life was diproportionally long comparing to time spent looking at various music establishments where music history was made. The concept of the tour is great so. Thanks.
Mike was very interesting and informative!
I think that Mike did a great job letting us see the area, and had great stories to tell, nicely mixing personal experiences with deep knowledge of Camden and its history