A New Perspective with Designer Coco Fennell
Dress designer / Blogger
My travel cravings are for places where I can see something totally different to my everyday life. My earliest travel memory is going to Fowey in Cornwall and crab fishing with a tiny net and bucket.
I would spend my perfect day in London because there are so many wonderful places to go. The most romantic thing you can do here is go for a walk along Southbank at night and catch a movie at the BFI. I would stay at Hazlitts in Soho when visiting London. It's a tiny hotel with beautiful old-fashioned four-poster beds and free-standing baths. It's also where J.K. Rowling wrote some of Harry Potter, so you can kind of pretend you're at Hogwarts.
My favorite places to eat
1. Bottega Prelibato on Rivington Street which makes the most delicious homemade pasta; it is a different menu every time you go.
2. The Wolseley as it feels like you've stepped back in time. I like to stuff my face with Cheese Souffle and chips.
3. Dukes Brew & Que in Dalston for the most delicious ribs and burgers ever!
My favorite hidden gems
1. Evans & Peel Detective Agency. Amazing cocktail bar and restaurant that is downstairs in Earls Court. It is beautiful and cosy - decorated with candelabras, apothecary bottles, and you sit on antique theatre chairs and stuff your face with mac and cheese.
2. The rooftop cinema at the Queen of Hoxton in Shoreditch.
3. Spuntino in Soho for Whiskey and Sliders.