Stroll along an infamous stretch of the Thames waterfront to visit pubs once frequented by pirates, highwaymen and smugglers. Get a feel for the wilder side of London's past as you drink up along the river.
Duration:  2hrs 30mins
Best Price Guaranteed
- Spend more than two hours on a guided tour of the Wapping neighborhood’s pubs and taverns
- Visit four historic taverns, including the 16th-century pub where “Hanging” Judge Jeffreys was captured by the London mob trying to flee to France dressed as a sailor
- Drink in the tavern named after Captain Kidd, which overlooks the place where this famous pirate was sent to the gallows in 1701
- Enjoy an East End boozer formerly owned by one of England’s best known painters, Joseph Mallord William Turner
- Have a drink in one of London’s most famous pubs, formerly known as the Devil’s Tavern, when it was a haunt for river thieves and smugglers
- See other sites, including historic maritime buildings, the Thames shoreline, the old London docks and the site of the 1986 “Battle of Wapping”
- Guided tour
Price varies based on number of people; the more people, the cheaper the price per ticket. The tour covers a walking distance of just over one mile.
Oct 9, 2019
My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful evening with Morris. He made the history of the area come to life. It felt like a nice walk with an old friend much more than a stranger we had just met. I highly commend Tavern Trails on their selection of pubs. We visited four very different establishments. We enjoyed some great beer and good conversation, all the whole soaking up the wonderful information that was provided.
Sep 24, 2018
Excellent tour. Very informative, funny and relaxed. I highly recommend for drinkers and non drinkers alike.
Aug 24, 2018
A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon.
Meeting location:  Albert Embankment
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year