Visit four historic taverns in old Holborn, the area where Charles Dickens lived, worked and wrote about extensively in his novels. Follow along with an informative guide to immerse yourself in the past of this storied city.
Duration:  2hrs 30mins
Best Price Guaranteed
- Spend more than two hours exploring the pubs and taverns of Holborn, a neighborhood with history around every corner
- Visit four authentic and important pubs, including two Victorian gems and a tavern designed like a great medieval banqueting hall
- Check out a low-ceilinged 18th-century tavern, which is reputedly the most difficult pub to find in London
- See historical sights, including the oldest Catholic Church in England, a well-preserved half-timbered Tudor building, and the city’s ancient Inns of Court
- Work with an expert guide, who shares fascinating stories and historical insights into London
- Guided tour
Price varies based on number of people; the more people, the cheaper the price per ticket. The tour covers a walking distance of just over one mile.
Jul 26, 2018
Interesting, enjoyable and fun. Definitely recommend to anyone interested in beer, London history, or Dickens Or all 3 :-)
Jan 5, 2018
We wanted to take the family on a pub-tour, but non-sponsored. We found John and his team. What we didn't anticipate was the history tour. The pubs were amazing, and the company great. The fact is, we enjoyed the walks between the pubs more than the pubs themselves. London is such an incredibly historic town. After the tour, we found ourselves looking at London in a whole new light. This was truly a big highlight of our stay in London, and now has us that more interested in coming back and diving into the areas we saw on the tour in more detail. John was a fantastic, educated, and interesting tour guide. I cannot recommend this tour more than I am here. It was truly a must-do for us again!!!
Aug 1, 2017
The tours have always been informative and fun.
Meeting location:  Albert Embankment
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year