London Pirates Wapping Tavern Tour
Stroll along an infamous stretch of the Thames waterfront to visit pubs once frequented by pirates, highwaymen and smugglers. Get a feel for the wilder side of London's past as you drink up along the river.
What You Will Do
- Spend more than two hours on a guided tour of the Wapping neighborhood's pubs and taverns
- Visit four historic taverns, including the 16th-century pub where "Hanging" Judge Jeffreys was captured by the London mob trying to flee to France dressed as a sailor
- Drink in the tavern named after Captain Kidd, which overlooks the place where this famous pirate was sent to the gallows in 1701
- Enjoy an East End boozer formerly owned by one of England's best known painters, Joseph Mallord William Turner
- Have a drink in one of London's most famous pubs, formerly known as the Devil's Tavern, when it was a haunt for river thieves and smugglers
- See other sites, including historic maritime buildings, the Thames shoreline, the old London docks and the site of the 1986 "Battle of Wapping"
- Guided tour
Price varies based on number of people; the more people, the cheaper the price per ticket. The tour covers a walking distance of just over one mile.
- 1 Rating