Price varies based on number of people; the more people, the cheaper the price per ticket. The tour covers a walking distance of just over one mile.
London Pirates Wapping Tavern Tour
This tour takes you to an infamous stretch of the Thames waterfront visiting pubs previously frequented by pirates, highwaymen, and smugglers.
What You Will Do
- 2.5 hour guided tour of Wapping pubs and taverns
- Visit 4 different historic taverns, including the 16th century pub where "Hanging" Judge Jeffreys was captured by the London Mob whilst trying to flee to France dressed as a sailor.
- Drink in the tavern named after Captain Kidd overlooking the place where this famous Pirate was sent to the gallows in 1701. Enjoy an East End boozer formerly owned by one of England's best known painters, Joseph Mallord William Turner
- Have a drink in one of London's most famous pubs, formerly known as the Devil's Tavern, when it was a haunt for river thieves and smugglers
- See other historic sites including Wapping’s historic maritime buildings, the Thames shoreline, the old London docks and the site of the 1986 "Battle of Wapping"
Drinks are included (one drink of either wine or beer in each of the 4 pubs visited) unless Non-drinkers ticket is selected.
- 1 Rating