Family Fun with Blogger Sarah Evans
FAVES + Co-Founder
Business & Family
My travel cravings are for places I can take beautiful photos and have a balance of fun activities for kids and adults. My earliest travel memory is fishing off a doc in northern Wisconsin when I was two. I would spend my perfect day in Las Vegas because you can have lunch in Paris, relax by the pool in ancient Greece, shop until you drop just about anywhere and enjoy the best food and entertainment on — or off — the strip. I would stay at the Cosmopolitan if traveling.
The places you should definitely see
- Red Rock Canyon — This is the perfect place for an outdoorsy family. You can bike, hike or take a family picnic. It's also fun to do your morning yoga out here right when the sun is coming up. It's 20 miles off the strip, but really feels like a quick trip.
- North Las Vegas has West Wind, an all-digital drive-in theater, along with a mini play area for kids. A great budget night.
- The Mob Museum — The museum was the location of the biggest mob hearing in history. It's one of the few remaining historically significant buildings in Las Vegas. Get your history fix without leaving the strip.
My favorite "hiddden gems"
- Mount Charlestown — This is a quite a hike off the beaten path and is about 35 miles outside of Las Vegas. If you're visiting during a time of extreme heat, you can cool off in mountain breezes and beautiful scenery.
- Capo's — Experience an old school speakeasy and enjoy some live entertainment. Italian steakhouse is off the strip.
- Tea Lounge at the Mandarin Oriental — Spoil yourself with classic English afternoon tea. Great selection of teas and champagne, if you want to splurge in addition to English scones, cupcakes and macaroons.
My favorite club/bar is XS.
The most romantic thing you can do here is rent an amazing room in a beautiful hotel and enjoy the pampering and perks. A lot of hotels have elevated restaurants overlooking the strip. Reserve a great table, order a bottle of champagne and enjoy the night.
The place I'm most excited to go next is Italy.