Pictured Rocks Evening Kayak Tour
Paddle between Miner's Beach and Shipwreck Point over incredibly clear water and along 150-foot sheer cliffs. See sea caves, a shipwreck and Bridal Veil Falls while the angle of the late afternoon sun highlights the cliff's beauty.
What You Will Do
- Enjoy stunning views of 150-foot sheer cliffs as the late afternoon sun lights up the cliffs for an incredible show
- Touch colorful mineral-stained rock formations and duck into shallow, dripping caves
- Squeeze through a small sea slot at Kissing Rock, see the 140-foot Bridal Veil Falls gushing into Lake Superior, and view the remains of an old schooner at Shipwreck Point
- Learn the skills you need to have a safe, enjoyable paddle during a pre-launch training session
- Two-hour, four-mile guided kayak tour along Pictured Rocks
- Paddling instruction prior to launch
- Tandem kayak, spray skirt, life jacket and paddle
- Dry bag for snacks, cameras and valuables
Some sights are dependent on the weather. Tour operates during rain, fog, light wind and waves and cold weather. Please wear water shoes, sunglasses, hat, water-appropriate clothing, sunscreen and rain jacket. It is recommended that you dress in warm layers for cold weather, such as a polar fleece. Please bring snacks and water. Tandem kayaks can accommodate large and tall people, but if your legs are longer than 38 inches or your waist and hips are larger than 50 inches, please call the operator. Please no children under eight years old. Drugs and alcohol are not allowed. Guests must sign a waiver and complete a medical questionnaire before the activity.
Full refund if operator cancels due to unsafe weather, wind and wave conditions. Partial refund if you cancel and operator can refill your spots. Gift certificate for 50% of trip value if you cancel and operator cannot refill your spots.
- 192 Ratings
Everyone was very friendly and personable. The guides had a lot of knowledge and had a laid back disposition so it made you feel relaxed so you could enjoy the experience.
Great service.freindly peopl well trained.
Hayden and Vic were wonderful- knowledgeable and did fun as well
It was a peaceful experience and guides were so kind.
Beautiful evening to see the stunning pictured rocks. Our group was awfully slow so we didn't cover much ground. Next time I'd prefer to head out on my own or find a group of more experienced paddlers. Though, the commentary from the guides was helpful. Perhaps the guides could encourage people to keep moving.