- 9 Ratings
Docking Certification Course in Galveston Bay
Learn the proper techniques for successfully docking a sailboat during a two day course with endorsement certification in charming Galveston Bay.
What You Will Do
- Take part in an informative sailboat docking class, gaining the expertise you need to become certified
- Master basic docking skills while working alongside a professional every step of the way
- Learn how to properly handle single engine sailboats on a crowded boat dock
- Successfully secure your sailboat along docks no matter what condition is thrown your way
- Docking course and certification
- Docking Techniques Manual
Please read text materials before your class dates in order to get the most out of your lessons.
- 9 Ratings
Captain Dave, is a great instructor, with an easy manner. The course was good fun, doing all the interesting bits of single screw boat handling in confined spaces.
Great staff & knowledgeable Captains. Looking forward to many more sails with South Coast!
Cpt Jones was a great instructor and covered some key items not in the course manual that are critical to good docking such as learning to back up long distances.
This was my fourth ASA Sailing course I've taken and it was by far the best. David Damm was an excellent instructor. He kept the course fun without compromising on the learning. The size of the class was perfect (3) and I got plenty of practice learning how to dock in a variety of situations and conditions. With a loss of an engine and bad weather, David always kept the instruction going. The staff and other instructors at South Coast Sailing were very friendly, and smiling. I felt welcomed and all of my questions were answered. Despite living 250 miles away, I will return to take more sailing education courses. In my mind, South Coast Sailing is a first class operation. John Uriarte Lieutenant Colonel US Army Retired