Airboat and Helicopter Adventure on the Taku Glacier
Fly over the iconic Taku Glacier on a scenic helicopter tour, before hopping aboard an airboat, and zipping along the impressive glacier. Your guide will not only show you around the glacier, but will also provide informative tidbits about the landmark that makes the tour even more exciting.
What You Will Do
- Embark on a tour like no other, capturing the sights of Taku Glacier by helicopter, foot, and airboat
- Soar over the Tongass National Forest on a scenic helicopter ride, landing directly on the glacier for a thrilling walking excursion
- Zip along the impressive glacier on your own airboat, checking out the landmark from a whole different angle
- Enjoy a small group setting for more one-on-one attention with instructor and better viewing without any large crowds
- Helicopter, walking tour, and airboat with guide
- All equipment including rain pants, ice boots, hearing protection, and floatation jackets
It's approximately 10 degrees colder in the Taku Glacier area than it is in the immediate Juneau area, so wear warm layers, hats, and gloves. There are no bathroom facilities once the helicopter flight commences, so be sure use the facilities at the helicopter base. Bags are not allowed on the flight. You will be charged an additional $150 if your weight at the time of departure is more than 280 pounds in order to reserve an extra half seat.
Cancellations made at least 7 days prior to a scheduled tour will be refunded in full, and those made 4 to 7 days prior to a scheduled tour will be charged 50%.