A full-day exploration of Mount Etna, Europe’s tallest active volcano, and the mesmerizing Alcantara River. Safely traverse a lava cave, marvel at diverse volcanic landscapes, and admire the intriguing rock formations of the Alcantara Gorges
- Ascend to 2000 meters to admire Etna’s extinct craters and breathtaking views of the Ionian Coast, with a chance to see the vast natural amphitheater of Valle del Bove
- Traverse ancient and recent solidified lava flows, learn about endemic flora, and witness the fascinating transformation of the volcanic landscape
- Don helmets and torches for an exhilarating descent into a lava tube, experiencing the unique spectacle of being inside the volcano
- Enjoy a Sicilian snack break before a 45-minute drive to the Alcantara River Park, where you’ll marvel at the curious basalt walls of the Alcantara Gorges, stroll in the cool water, and if you’re brave enough, dive into the icy river
- Licensed Hiking Guide Service
- Transfer from Catania
- Ticket for access to the Alcantara Gorges
- Helmets and Torches
- Hiking Poles
- Baby Seat (on request)
- Bring sport shoes, high socks, water shoes, swimming suit or shorts, light towel, windproof jacket, sweatshirt, and water.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
24 hours’ notice for a full refund.