- 13 Ratings
Intro to Sailing Program at Kemah Boardwalk
Ahoy matey! Now it's your turn to take the wheel and learn how to successfully sail with easy-to-follow tips and tricks that will have you coasting on the water in no time.
What You Will Do
- Get your sea legs ready as you participate in an interactive sailing class at the Kemah Boardwalk on Galveston Bay
- Leave the introductory class with key sailing terminology and techniques that will allow you to take the waters on your own
- Understand the elements of all basic sailing maneuvers while aboard a training vessels geared towards you having a fun and informative ride
- Enjoy knowing you are getting trained by a professional instructor and avid sailor with years of experience operating boats
- 3 hour sailing course with instructor
Once deposit is received, reservation is considered firm. If you cancel 30 days prior to program, your reservation is 95% refundable (5% penalty for administration charges are non-refundable).
- 13 Ratings
I only want to learn how to crew for racing, but the sailing course introduced me to the different types of sail boats. It was an eye opener to me. While there was not a lot of wind during the lesson, the instructor let us practice coming about and other skills pertaining to the wind. Very informative! Don't be afraid of rainy weather as the vessels in South Coast Sailing fleet have the cockpit covered. It may be wise to take a free online sailing class to become familiar with some sail terms beforehand, but if not, instructor will introduce you to basic areas of the craft.
The instructor was great check in was fast. Me and wife took it and she was well pleased so much so she agreed to take 101.
would like to have talked more about sailing and less about personal information.