- 54 Ratings
Intro Rock Climbing in Birdsboro Rock Quarry
Climb and explore Birdsboro Rock Quarry, with over 100 routes of varying difficulty. Learn the rock climbing basics from certified instructors as you transition from the gym to outdoor climbing.
What You Will Do
- Learn top-rope (single pitch) climbing basics from experienced, AMGA (American Mountain Guides Association) certified instructors
- Go over the basics of climbing gear, body movement, climbing technique, communication, proper foot positioning, and safe handholds
- Practice your skills on a variety of routes and cliff-faces in Birdsboro Rock Quarry, a popular Berks County climbing destination renowned for its history, variety, and scenic surroundings
- Enjoy a leisurely ten minute wilderness walk to the climbing area that includes two shallow river crossings over Hay Creek, and a chance to use an optional cable bridge
- Guided lesson
- Ropes, harnesses, and other necessary gear
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 7 days in advance.
- 54 Ratings
First time took their trip. The trip is very well plan out. Plenty of climbing chances.
Guides were very knowledgeable, friendly and used very safe techniques. V2S was extremely accommodating with the size of our group.
I learned more than I thought possible, I've been dying to do some real top rope climbs since I was a kid. Finally got the chance. Still sad the trip is done and am anxiously checking the website for the next one. Nice to find a sport where it feels like I belong.
This was my second outing with Valley to Summit. All the guides are super knowledgeable, laid back, and friendly. They are really great at meeting you at the skill level you're at.
Our guides, Eric and Garrett, were the best! They led our group of novice climbers with patience, good humor, and-above all- careful concern for our safety. The experience was particularly rewarding because they struck a perfect balance between talking us through each foothold when we needed it, and letting us discover our own way when we didn't. A truly rewarding day, thanks to a beautiful setting and these two lovely guys.
The guides were very knowledgeable, friendly and eager to help. They recognized that many, if not all of the participants, were beginners and easily accommodated our skill levels and abilities.
We had a great day with the VTS Guides learning more about outdoor climbing! thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would highly recommend to beginners or intermediate climbers Thanks!!