- 347 Ratings
Idaho Springs Gold Mill and Tunnel Tour
Travel back to the golden age of mining on this tour of the Argo Gold Mill & Tunnel. Explore the Wild West as it was over a century ago when miners roamed the hills in search of gold.
What You Will Do
- Head to Idaho Springs, Colorado—a great example of the influence of mining in this part of the country
- Take a walking tour of the front portal of the famous Argo Tunnel and descend through the 5 story Argo Mill
- Check out the relics and equipment used over a century ago, learning about the history of each along the way
- Receive a gold pan lesson - this hands-on activity that lets you try your luck
- Guided tour of the Argo Gold Mill & Tunnel
- Panning instruction and pan of gold ore
- Not handicapped accessible
- No smoking within 20 feet of the property
- No pets allowed on the grounds
No sandals, flip flops or crocs are allowed on the tour. Closed toed shoes only, preferably tennis shoes or sturdy flat-soled shoes.
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 72 hours in advance.
- 347 Ratings
great tour, thank you!
We really enjoyed this experience. Learned a little too.
Great guide! Very knowledgeable provided great history
Staff was on time and friendly. Our guide Ryan did a great job and was very informative. I would recommend this to anyone
Our tour guide was great and we learned some fun history! The gold panning at the end was my 6-year-old son's favorite part. Thanks guys!
I had expected a bit more of an excursion into the tunnel.
Tour guide was dry. Lots of talking. Need more hands on experience. Our littles were bored.
The tour was very interesting. Our guide was informative, and also funny. I would come again for this tour.
Have passed this place for years, took my grandson to pan for gold. The tour guide did a nice job, learned a few things about the place I did not know.
We really enjoyed the our knowledgeable tour guide Ryan. We loved hearing about the mining industry as some of our grandfathers had been in the mining industry. I especially liked hearing about the "fast track" and "pay dirt" . This was definitely interesting and informative a very good tour!
Staff was great tour guide was very well versed in the mines history. ( easy on the eyes as well). Learned a lot!
The tour was very informative & hands on! We all learned a lot & had a great time!
Very interesting and fun tour. Loved seeing the real deal and hearinf stories about rhe mill, the tunnel and the abandoned gold mine.
The tour was fun and educational. Our tour guide spent a lot of time addressing our questions. We loved panning for gokd.
- Betty Jo
Ryan who was our tour guide was the best!
Really nice and knowledgable guide. Very interesting topic and fun for everybody in the family!
Impressive historical site, very good tour guide (Joe), loved the processing plant and many display area. Finally panning for gold was fun.