Horseback Riding in Gerês
Gaze out over the landscape from horseback, then ride through the forests and hills of Gerês. Discover everything this spot has to offer on a tour perfect for families and first-time riders.
What You Will Do
- Ride a horse in the mountains for a unique experience during an hour that's suitable for first-timers
- Meet the Garrano pony, a race brought by the Celts all the way from the Asian Steppes
- Discover what Gerês has to offer, from amazing landscapes to inviting waterfalls, all while learning plenty of history
- Taste various traditional delicacies during a fulfilling lunch at a local restaurant
- Hike through centuries-old paths that cut through luxuriant woods and reach the best viewpoints for fantastic views
- Bathe in the fresh, clear waters of the mountain waterfalls or soak in the hot springs used since the Romans
- Local and very knowledgeable guide
- Lunch, snacks, and water
- All equipment necessary for the activity
- Insurance, photos, and a contribution to nature's conservation
Wear weather, riding and hiking appropriate clothes and shoes. Bring swimwear, a towel, and sunscreen. Minors must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times. This activity is suitable from around 8 to 75 years old (under 14 depends on the experience and above 65 depends on the level of fitness). Pets are not allowed.
Tours take place rain or shine. Full refund until 72 hours prior to the scheduled activity, 80% refund between 72 and 24 hours prior to the scheduled activity.