Historical Tour of Temples in Delhi
Surround yourself in the religious history of Delhi on a tour of temples that represent India's five major faiths. Travel through time as you discover Delhi's past and learn about its status as a diverse religious center.
What You Will Do
- Get whisked away on a rickshaw ride that hurries you through bustling streets on your way to the Old Spice Market
- Steep yourself in religious history with visits to ancient Sikh and Hindu Temples, as well as a mosque
- Discover the modern side of religion in the city with a trip to the striking Lotus Temple, designed to look like the flower
- See the city through the eyes of a local, who knows every nook and cranny of this metropolis
- Round-trip transportation from your hotel
- English-speaking guide
- All entrance fees
- Local lunch
- Air-conditioned transport
At places of worship, knees and shoulders must be covered and shoes must be removed. Comfortable walking shoes and sun protection recommended.
- 1 Rating
- Xuan Quang
The Heritage Walk and Temple Tour with Brij was nothing to say than excellent. He picked me up at the hotel and guided me the whole day from Old Delhi area to a number of beautiful and sacred temples in the city. I like to visit the exhibition and movie stories in Akshardham Temple he recommended. I also like the moment he showed me food preparing activities of volunteers in the kitchen of Sikh Temple. And by end of the day we enjoyed fantastic festival atmosphere and memorable sunset over the holy lake in the temple complex. Before taking the tour, I did not have much knowledge about Indian culture, history and religion, but after one day with him I am able to talk about some aspects and stories on the related topics. Now even I am very interested in and willing to self-learn everything about India. Thanks a lot, Brij, for the day and highly recommend his tour to anyone who want to discover highlights in Delhi!