Historical Carriage Tour of Fredericksburg
Explore the heart of America’s most historic city with the most personal tour in town. Set off on a carriage tour past 40 quaint blocks, experiencing Fredericksburg's unique charm.
What You Will Do
- Learn abut the history, culture and architecture that make the city of Fredericksburg such a popular and distinct destination
- Roll down streets and avenues rich in colonial and civil war history, all while learning about the lives of local citizens
- Hear about George Washington, Hugh Mercer and Fielding Lewis, all heroes of the revolutionary period
- Uncover the tale of Jane Beale, a widow who kept a diary during the Civil War and documented the Battle of Fredericksburg
- Guided carriage tour
- No smoking, eating, standing or moving around in the carriage
- Minor's must have a guardian with them to ride
- No alcohol allowed on the carriage
Make sure to dress appropriately for the season. In the summer, wear sunglasses and light clothing and during the cooler months, wear layers and bring jackets.
- 78 Ratings
The tour was very informative, conducted at a gentle pace, which allowed better viewing of sites, the guide was friendly and knowledgeable. Thanks!