- 37 Ratings
High Rocks State Park Outdoor Rappelling Adventure
Get your heart racing as you rappel off cliffs ranging from 80 feet to 175 feet. With over 100 different routes, enjoy amazing views of Tohickon Creek and the surrounding forest. Rappel with confidence as you learn the basics, or improve and improve your current skill set.
What You Will Do
- Go through an on the ground lesson of climbing gear, rappelling techniques, risk management as you prepare for the day ahead
- Rappel using the anchors and rappelling station set up by your experienced instructors, leaving you with the rest of the day to rappel off cliffs
- Enjoy the seclusion of the location of Ralph Stover, resting by a stunning gorge along a horseshoe bend in Tohickon Creek in the High Rocks State Park
- Work at your own pace and build up your skills as you progress to harder spots to rappel throughout the day
- Experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Ropes, harnesses, and other necessary gear
- Porta potty on site for restroom breaks
Trip runs rain or shine. In case of inclement weather while on the trip, operator will strive to follow certain inclement weather guidelines as necessary, which may include changing the route, location, ending the trip early, or waiting out the weather.
Refunds available if trip is cancelled or reschedule by the vendor, minus a $15 administrative fee. If you cancel less than 7 day before the trip, you may apply the money towards another trip.
- 37 Ratings
David was super fun and professional and the rappelling trip was awesome!
I had a great time. It's been a few years since I repelled, and I was a bit nervous. David provided loads of information that was helpful. I felt safe, and I had enough information to help myself in case of an emergency. I will definitely do another Valley-to-Summit event, and bring friends with me.
Guide was very friendly, encouraging, informative and patient.
The instructor put everyone at ease with his friendly confidence and expert instruction. He checked everyone'should equipment and was very attentove
Unfortunately I had a heart attack on this adventure, I am fine. I would suggest U providing some gloves.