Haunted Hillsborough Walking Tour
Join a ghostly guide on a two-hour walk around downtown Hillsborough. Visit haunted houses and the site of an execution to hear the legends of this mysterious spot.
What You Will Do
- Explore downtown Hillsborough with your ghostly guide, Enoch Pugh, a man who swung from the gallows here in 1771
- Hear legends and tales associated with several locations as you wander around
- Head to Old Poplar, a house with over a dozen or so different spirits
- Learn about the possible identities of both spirits in Seven Hearths
- Discover the perfumed lady ghost, who seems to like young men, and the local Declaration signer who is buried here
- Listen to Enoch, who talks all about his pre-Revolutionary exploits, gruesome death, and the mysteries that surround him
- Guided historic ghost tour
The tour is rated PG. Liability waiver required for all participants. Tour is wheelchair accessible. Well-behaved, leashed pets welcome.
Rescheduling is possible with 24 hours notice.
- 35 Ratings