- 13 Ratings
Harvard Square Wine Tour in Boston
Discover the bubbly side of Boston with a guided wine tour of top local spots. Sip sparkling vintages in Harvard Square as you learn about pairing these tasty drinks with savory appetizers.
What You Will Do
- Go for a stroll through Harvard Square, a central Boston hub for foodies and wine lovers
- Sample fizzy champagnes and gourmet cheeses at the trendy Nubar Restaurant and Lounge
- Pull up a chair at The Red House restaurant to try a unique pairing of moscato and sushi in a historic building
- Learn what goes into pairing wine with food from a professional, who has years of experience
- Guided wine tour
- Six wines and two food pairings
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 48 hours in advance.
- 13 Ratings
I enjoyed the fact the Boston City Wine Tours offers a sparkling wine specific tour since sparkling wines are my favorite type. I also thought that our tour guide Heather was knowledgable about the wines we tasted. The only issue I had was that I was a single attendee and the rest of the group was comprised of a bachelorette party. So, it was a little isolating. I would have preferred to have been given a heads up that the other attendees were a full group of friends and given the option of keeping that date or selecting another. Other than that, I thought the tour was a great experience!
The tour was ok. The walk to the second restaurant was quite long for my mother, and it happened to be in the middle of a snowstorm. The second restaurant forgot we were coming. Neither restaurant offered "food pairings" instead they were just snacks - cheese, crackers, olives, etc. certainly nothing paired to those specific wines. I learned a couple of interesting things, but overall was expecting the whole experience to be a little more organized for what it cost.