Half-Day Tour of Guimarães from Porto
Explore the medieval city of Guimarães, which is often said to be the birthplace of Portugal. Wander through historic streets and visit central attractions as you learn the role the city played in creating a nation.
What You Will Do
- Walk the halls of a medieval fortress, where candelabras and tapestries hang above, on a tour of the Palace of the Dukes
- Meander down the twisting cobblestone alleys of Guimarães, a city whose roots date back to the 10th century
- Drive through the rolling hills and orchards of the Minho countryside just to the north of Porto
- Dive into the city's past as you travel in the footsteps of those who shaped a nation's future
- Local guide
- Live commentary while in transit
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees
- Bottled water
- Round-trip transportation from your hotel
- Guided tour
Please bring extra money for lunch and personal spending.
No fee for cancellations made seven days in advance; 50% fee for cancellations made three to six days in advance; 100% fee for cancellations made fewer than two days in advance.