- 4 Ratings
Half-Day Kayak Tour in Macon
Enjoy the beauty of the Ocmulgee River on a kayaking trip with shoals, shallows and stunning riverscapes. Paddle away, choosing to beach your kayak and relax along the shore, breathing in the fresh air.
What You Will Do
- Glide down the gorgeous Ocmulgee River to soak up its natural beauty and enjoy a view of Macon as the river winds through town
- Leave your car at the take-out spot so it's ready and waiting for you whenever you finish your adventure
- Float past lush woods to spot local wildlife, plus get your adrenaline pumping as you take on some rapids
- Escape the stress of every day life with a peaceful paddle that gets you outdoors and on the water
- Kayak, paddle and life jacket
- Shuttle to start
- Lemonade and cookies at the end
Full refund if bad weather requires the operator to cancel or for cancellations made 48 hours before your tour. Full refund minus booking fee for cancellations made within 48 hours of trip time.
- 4 Ratings
Well orchestrated trip! From pick up to take out, all went smooth as silk. Pre float instruction was right on target with no surprises during the float. Having Larry along as our personal guide was a huge plus. Really enjoyed the whole experience and will definitely be back again. Kathleen was very accomading when one of our party had to drop out due to illness after reservations were set. I will be sure to recommend OOE to friends and family looking to enjoy an outing on the Ocmulgee!
Hannah and I had a great time on the river Saturday. The level was high due to lots of ran, and the river was running fast. A bit of a challenge for me on a sit on top boat in the first two shoals, but the rest of the trip was perfect. Pope's Ferry to Amerson in just over four hours...a pretty quick trip! Thanks to Kathleen ( and to Larry) for a safe, well run trip down the Ocmulgee.